The 3 Keys to Success!
President at Productive Learning, LLC
Virtual / Remote Project Teams
Happy Hour Networking Event
Rock Bottom La Jolla
Join us on Wednesday, March 18 from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at Rock Bottom La Jolla for our first happy hour networking event of 2015. This event is open to all.
- Cost is $10 per person and includes appetizers. Cash bar.
- Pre-registration via Eventbee is requested. However, participants may also register at the event. Space is limited.
Rock Bottom La Jolla
8980 Villa La Jolla Dr. 92037
More and More with Less and Less
Chapter Dinner Event Topic & Speaker
The Road to Negotiating Success
Presented By: Jonathan Seitz, President, Bellwether Training
Negotiation is the most profitable management skill. Not every Project Manager negotiates contracts, but every Project Manager negotiates performance objectives, timelines, deliverables, and resources. We negotiate in our personal, as well as in our business, lives. And negotiation is an art that you can learn.
This presentation challenges you to get the best outcomes from your negotiations. Jonathan will focus on proven negotiating tactics that you can apply every day, drawing from the work of Roger Dawson, Crestcom International faculty member and author of the "Secrets of Power Negotiating", one of the best-selling audio business courses ever published. Jonathan will present an educational and entertaining examination of negotiating skills, after which you will:
- Understand the role of negotiation in project leadership situations
- Identify the characteristics of great negotiators
- Apply six strategic negotiation techniques.
Chapter Dinner 2-PDU Event & Presenter
Volunteering as a Networking Technique for Professional Success
Presented By: Kevin W. Reilly, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO
We all know how important networking is when it comes to developing our professional careers. The trick is to concentrate on the networking techniques that give you the most "bang for the buck". Although there are many networking techniques available to individuals trying to expand their professional networks, perhaps the most effective technique is volunteering.
In this presentation, Kevin Reilly will share with you the reasons why volunteering is such a successful networking technique. In the context of his own personal volunteering and networking success stories, Kevin will provide tips on the benefits of combining volunteering and networking, on how to select a volunteer organization that fits your networking goals, on how to leverage your volunteer time to include networking time, and finally on how to market your skills and expertise while volunteering.
Specific Steps Outlined in this Presentation Include:
- Understanding the Benefits of Volunteering & Networking
- Analyzing Your Skills
- Determining your Volunteering & Networking Goals
- Selecting an Organization that Fits Your Goals
- Leveraging Your Volunteer Time to Include Networking
- Marketing your Skills and Experience While Volunteering
- Putting It All Together
- Action Items
- Volunteering Opportunity Resources.
Everyone Wants to Hear You
Communication! How effective are you?
On March 27th, Debbie Lousberg will present "Everyone Wants to Hear You." Be prepared to walk away with a better awareness of:
- The necessity for effective communication in today’s workplace
- Identifying and refreshing your communication skills
- Needs and challenges of your listeners
- Connecting with your audience
- Being a better listener in any setting
- Ensuring your message is sent AND received as intended.